Bootstrapping Fedora off old Red Hat

Klaasjan Brand kjb at dds.nl
Sun Nov 9 22:22:59 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:44, Alan Cox wrote:
> I'm wondering if any of the folks who build off very old Red Hat (7.x) like
> MIPS, Sparc and ARM have tried bootstrapping FC from that base and what
> approach they found best. I'm pondering setting a box crunching through
> Fedora for S/390 but initially its a maze of twisty little dependancies
> between libraries, tools and compilers.

I'm wondering: is there some public documentation about doing a full
rebuild for Fedora? Some build scripts would also help people to rebuild
for the more exotic architectures (or optimization flags and maybe
attract a few gentoo users in the process ;)

Btw. The Aurora Sparc Linux distribution has a "rawhide" tree very close
to Fedora.

Klaasjan