Apache headers and other ones such as Xft

Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT razvan.vilt at linux360.ro
Mon Nov 10 21:31:39 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 23:17, Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT wrote:
> While building a module for apache I've noticed the following problem
> Out of pages of errors the most important lines are:
> (...)
> /usr/include/httpd/ap_config.h:58:17: apr.h: No such file or directory
> (...)
> There are similar ones for other .h files in /usr/include/apr-0
> The work-around was to move all the file from /usr/include/apr-0 to
> /usr/include
> Someone rearanged the header files in apr but forgot to update the
> apache headers with the new location... ntz...ntz...ntz...

I've noticed this problem for Xft but in redhat 9, I'm not sure if they
are still present in fedora core... Some X11 lib (namely
/usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h) wanted some Xft1 headers
(/usr/include/freetype/freetype.h) but in my case it wanted freetype 1
which was not there at the time... now apparently it works better due to
a link from freetype to freetype2

But the problem may still be there for other -devel packages...