more yum problems

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Nov 11 12:49:47 UTC 2003

I thought I would try a yum update of a machine from RH9
-> Fedora Core 1

I have gnome errors because I am running Ximian Desktop 2 - no problems
there I know how to fix that - but the libraries are installed (in the
wrong place?)

.package gnome-libs needs libdb.so.2 (not provided)
package ghfaxviewer needs libdb.so.2 (not provided)
package gnome-libs needs libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) (not provided)

# locate libdb.so.2
/usr/lib/libdb.so.2

But this is more annoying

package samba needs libcom_err.so.3 (not provided)

# locate libcom

/usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.so.3.0
/usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.so.3
/usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.a
/usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.so
/lib/libcom_err.so.2.0
/lib/libcom_err.so.2

Samba 3 was installed from an rpm found from link on samba.org

Any light shed greatly appreciated.

Tony Grant
--
WWW.tgds.net | Logiciels de gestion de centre d'art | Hébergement de
bases de données en ligne | hush - ordinateurs silencieux pour