Why is ide-scsi not provided in Arjan's 2.6 kernel?

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Fri Nov 14 20:36:24 UTC 2003

*moved to devel-list*

Chris Adams wrote:

> Once upon a time, Xose Vazquez Perez <xose at wanadoo.es> said:

>>I hope to see a 2.4.x kernel in FC2 _too_. Otherwise it will be a lame
>>distribution.

> What would be lame about not including an old kernel?

If 2.6 doesn't bring _all functional features_ that 2.4 has, it will
be necessary a backup 2.4 kernel.
Today must-fix.txt and should-fix.txt(PRI1) are big lists.

> Including multiple kernel versions (especially from different major
> release trains) greatly increases complexity for very little gain.

Mandrake 9.2 and SuSE 9.0 bring 2.6 & 2.4 kernels. If they are able to do it,
why not Fedora ?

:-?

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically