tools or scripts for release engineering?

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Mon Nov 17 08:53:49 UTC 2003

Eric,

That's something I'm interesting in reading as well.  In addition, I'm
looking forward to replicating, at home, whichever auto-build-from-CVS
strategy Fedora chooses.  My own system is okay, but it's small-time,
it's got a whack of limitations and the workaround for them aren't
pretty at all.

I'm not sure of the license on our RPM-CVS add-on tools are, so I've
hesitated on suggesting that (who's a python guru here?) for the
collective.  I almost wish I could get my hands on the release
engineering routine one we used to use for work, but I'm sure that work
would clamp some serious legal ain't-gonna-happen docs on it.

Ideally, I'd love to see changes CVS building Rawhide packages, as well
as a valid, installable update CD, maybe weekly.  It was a goal we had
at work for the longest time, spearheaded by Mr Terpstra himself for a
while, too, even, but it lost the race.

Bummer.

But yeah, put my name down for any private responses to Eric's question.
  I want to be on the CC list to that stuff.

  - bish

--
	it seems like a dark day when an American citizen regards
	reading as a threat, and downright pitch-black when the