upgrading RH 9 system->Fedora with iso files and apt only

Klaasjan Brand kjb at dds.nl
Fri Nov 21 14:13:49 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 13:02, bishop wrote:
> Klaasjan,
>
> Do you have the time to write out a mini-howto on that?  I have a
> feeling that your instruction can help a few people following in your
> footsteps, and who may not have the opportunity to figure out a working
> solution by themselves.

I believe it's already documented in the RH installation guide. IMO it's
not that hard to do: just use the boot floppy and select "hard drive"
when asked for installation source. After that you can select a
partition and enter the path where the ISO files are.

> Me, I need one that can reliably do it from 5000km away.  It'll be
> loop-mounted ISOs, apt-get and similar craziness, I think.  Or I need to
> book a flight.  8-)  Either way, I'm not the target audience, but I'm
> close.  ACME at cl says that CL can do it with just apt-get, and that's
> incredibly interesting.

Creating your own repository is documented all over the net:
http://www.dragonsdawn.net/~gordon/red-hat-apt-repository-howto/

--
Klaasjan Brand <kjb at dds.nl>