dhcrelay and ipsec

Christians, Stefan Mr. software at kkalice.com
Sun Nov 23 02:56:27 UTC 2003

To the developers maintaining the dhcp packages,

Could you please keep following in mind when packaging dhcp for FC2,
though we are not sure whether they will still be issues with the 2.6
kernel:

We had two issues running dhcrelay on an IPSEC VPN-gateway (RHL8 with
FreeS/wan):

1) We had to change the startup priority in dhcrelay's init script to
98. We do not remember exactly why we did that, but think the problem
was that the ipsec interface was not up yet at the time of the default
66 startup priority.

2) We had to recompile with USE_SOCKETS defined in includes/sites.h for
dhcrelay to work over a virtual ipsec interface.

We would be very happy and pleased if dhcrelay through ipsec VPNs would
work out-of-the-box in FC2 :)

--
Sincerely,

K.K. Alice