FC2 and general LDAP Support

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 18:26:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:24:54PM +0100, Roland Käser wrote:
> shell. The only thing needed to change is to replace the "normal"
> useradd, usermod, userdel, groupadd, groupmod and groupdel by the ones
> shipped with samba.

That's too LDAP-centric.  It's good to make LDAP work better, but
don't do it at the expense of other, equally valid configurations.
Tools that take the system configuration into account are what you
really want.  That will work with whatever configuration you have.
And considering the amount of work in the user tools that come by
default, I'd suggest modifying those rather than a wholesale switch
as the best option.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/