I gotta ask this ...

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 23:45:06 UTC 2003

> Build all the packages: well how, exactly, does one do this? Say I'm at RH9
> and I want to build the Fedora Core from source. When I build the RPMs then
> the result will overwrite my RH9 binaries, will it not?

RPM builds binaries in a thing called a "buildroot" so the packages wont
trash your system as they are being built

> What I'm looking for is a documented sequence of steps, like "Linux From
> Scratch" that will result in an ISO of Fedora Core. Starting with the
> source RPMs, of course :)

The big problem is figuring out the order (and hacking around the odd loop
where you have to build a boostrap version of a package to get started).

Given an order its

	rpm -ba package

repeated a lot

> As for the Todo list item, is this actively being worked on? Who would I
> contact to offer my help?

Not sure who is co-ordinating that