GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Oct 10 20:51:44 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:39:53PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> OOo 1.1 packages shipped from Red Hat ship with Java support disabled,
> since Red Hat does not ship the Sun JDK or JRE.  I use patches from the
> Debian project to accomplish this.  Most anything relating to Java in
> OOo (ie DocBook XML filters, JDBC support, etc) will not work as
> expected.

Hmm, is there any way to sub-package java stuff, the rhug group seems to have
gotten pretty far with quite a lot of packages (they've hit tarroon),
plus it is still possible to compile stuff with gcj/jikes/etc.

Sadly java distribution is problematic, but if we can put things into
Fedora Extras or JPackage which require a bit more user interaction
(dowloading binaries after clickthrough) it might be useful/beneficial
to the end user.

Paul