Problem while running stack in Linux kernel space

Ranjitsinh Wable ruwabi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 11:06:03 UTC 2003

 Hello All,
     I have got my own IPv6 stack (not the Linux
 native IPv6).
 Legend:
   NUT - Node Under Test - Where my stack runs
   TN - Testing Node - Where Linux native IPv6 stack
runs
  When i insert IPv6 stack (compiled as a module)in
 to the NUT kernel, it gets inserted in very smoothly.

 However, when i do ping6 from TN with -f (FLOOD)
option to NUT, the NUT's kernel seems to be hanging.
But, i observed that IPv4 part of the NUT's kernel
 still working (because ping from TN to NUT still
works).
     I am controlling NUT's kernel with KGDB (through
 serial cable).If i see 'bt' in gdb, it shows that it
is waiting in sys_read.
     PS : I skipped the KGDB back trace in the above
 description for clarity.
Can you please tell me what should i do in this case
??.
    If it is a memory leak, as i know, 'bt' shows some
where in mm.c. Hence, i concluded that it is not
memory leak.What can be the problem.
     One more thing to note here is that, this all
happens only when i enable Mobile IPv6 on NUT.  Also,
i am always at home only !!!!
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ranjit