RSH Tools

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Fri Sep 5 14:53:43 UTC 2003

> > 1) Users who can't or won't change?
>
> Think high performance computing clusters.  It's faster to start a
> remote job using rsh than using ssh.
>
> Sure, you could argue that it's only a few %, but when you're talking
> about really large clusters a few % means a pile of computer equipment
> as expensive as a house ;)

I agree 100%. There's a difference though, between someone who operates a
250 kilodollar cluster and someone who follows "the manufacturers
instructions". It's probably a mute point though. Looks like there's ample
reason to keep RSH in. I'll just pack this thread away and unearth it
again in about 5 years...

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com