RSH Tools

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Sep 5 22:31:09 UTC 2003

> One thing that might help there is if OpenSSH had a null cipher like
> commercial SSH.com SSH does. You'd still get secure authentication (using
> public key exchange), but then use no encryption for the data transfer once
> connected. There are patches floating around for OpenSSH for this,
> though they're not very current (or weren't last time I looked)....

Oh, my number one ssh pet peeve.  What exactly is technically speaking
the problem with getting this in ? I never could figure out why this
wasn't just an option from the start.  It's such a waste of CPU to rsync
30 GB over ssh on a local network.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
Can we, like, have a dude conversation ?
I'm begging here !
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/