What is the submission process for backgrounds?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 02:50:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 21:23, Chuck Talk wrote:
> I was just wondering what the submission process was for backgrounds. I have
> some nice phtos from the Silicon Hills of Austin, TX I thought you might
> like (looking out over the hills toward Lake Travis. But was wondering what
> submission process, format, etc. You might prefer. All copyleft photos given
> freely to enjoy.

Right now we don't have the infrastructure to add externally-developed
packages; what you probably want to do is package the backgrounds up for
the original Fedora Linux at fedora.us, and then once the merged project
infrastructure exists the backgrounds would become a package in Fedora
Extras.

The other option is to merge backgrounds into the desktop-backgrounds
package currently in Core, the process for that would be to convince
Garrett to add them. The idea of that package is to have a small number
of diverse/nice backgrounds that might appeal to different people, so
Garrett probably won't take most submissions.
(Unless we removed them, all but one or two of those space backgrounds
that used to be in there should really go.)
Still it can't hurt to offer your stuff to Garrett.

Havoc