I volunteer

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Sep 25 18:41:43 UTC 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Phillip Compton wrote:
[...]
> As for the build server, I think Warren has probably scaled as far as he
> can for the time being, but it would be cool if someone else could
> provide a build server (possibly using mach?) and take over those duties
> on the legacy project.

This is one approach.  If it doesn't provide the means and infrastructure
well enough, there are other ways.

Such as, everybody (on the "backport ring" that is) builds on their own
systems, and signs w/ their own GPG keys.  The RPMS are published on the
folks own servers. A set of central servers polls periodically the list of
those websites, and pulls the RPMs.  If the GPG signature matches, put it
in the central repository and send an automatic heads-up message to
everyone (if desirable).

There are a few difficult process problems here, if done properly, (such
as, _proper_ verification of GPG keys because I doubt everyone's in the
web of trust...), but one may be able to gloss over those.  This kind of
"poll, pull and push" model would be very simple, technically.