fedora only for US users ?

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 22:05:37 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 12:46, Cosmic Flo wrote:
> >interface), the
> > >
> > > Upstream bug I guess (is Mozilla multi-language aware? I don't see any
> > > message catalogs...). --> bugzilla.mozilla.org
>
> Here the .xpi for Mozilla 1.4 french language, for exemple :
> http://frenchmozilla.sourceforge.net/FTP/1.4/mozilla-l10n-fr-FR-1.4-1.xpi
>
> Here the line for "language for web page" in
> ~/.mozilla/default/s6uggra5.slt/prefs.js :
>
> user_pref("intl.accept_languages", "fr, en-us, en");
>
> Can't prefs.js with the good language value be added in /etc/skel ?

I think for something like prefs.js which get written automatically by
the app anyway, it should be done upstream -> If the format ever
changes, it won't be the packagers' headaches ;-). Beside that, just
because I install say English, German and French it doesn't mean my
users have the same preferences -- maybe I installed it because some
speack English, some German and some French. Accepting all of the
languages seems to be wrong in that case (or overly speculative at
least). I'd say Mozilla should determine _one_ language from LANG (still
upstream material ;-) and users should add any additional languages.

> >Europe.
> > >
> > > Upstream bug I guess. Evolution needs to differentiate locales in the
> > > GConf schema files for the defaults. --> bugzilla.ximian.com
>
> Working fine in Mdk.

Then this depends on whether it was done as a patch inside the Mandrake
package (which should be submitted upstream, or integrated if already
submitted) or by "better packaging" on behalf of Mandrake.

> >is
> >it but
>
> and ? Web site and documentations are very importants !

Just because I have a redhat.com mail address, I don't know everything
:o). You should get in touch with the docs people, probably though
fedora-docs-list.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com