Guides for Fedora Core

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Fri Apr 2 14:21:51 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 00:07, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Hi Colon,

Colin, thanks :)

> > This is what the Fedora Docs Project is all about - they have a mailing
> > list too: fedora-docs-list at redhat.com
> >
> > And no, they are creating docs from scratch rather than using the
> > current RHL guides. Further discussion about this should be done at the
> > above mailing list
>
> Ok. Yet another mailing list. But could you explain the rationale behind
> that decision here? The devel list seems an appropriate place to at
> least hold a summary of such decisions in it's archive. With all these
> lists and channels information is fragmented enough as it is.

Erm, its not my decision to create a separate docs project - the docs
project's task is clearly stated at:
	http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

Its just like we don't do translations on f-d-l, as there's
fedora-trans-list

> I can't find such extensive docs for Fedora yet (howto != guide), so why
> not maintain them until alternatives are available?

That's because they're mostly in creation, and aren't ready yet for
prime time. Why not use existing RH9 documents? Karsten has a really
good answer (look at 3&4 together):
	https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2003-December/msg00065.html

Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/