FC2 installation problems on existing software raid

Optimized mail at optimized.org
Fri Apr 2 23:53:21 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am trying to install Fedora Core 2 on an existing software raid volume
created during the Fedora Core 1 installation process.

When I get to the disk druid (manual configuration chosen) my /dev/md*
partitions' filesystem are shown as 'foreign' instead of 'ext3'.

I didn't risk anything from that point, I simply wish to dual boot FC1
and FC2 and really don't want to loose the FC1 installation.

I've found that previous post relating the same problem :
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2004-February/msg00800.html

What should I do?

Many thanks for your time and help.