Dependency hell

mmundy1 at umbc.edu mmundy1 at umbc.edu
Sat Apr 3 11:28:43 UTC 2004

yes,  I have run into these issues before.  It helps to run `yum list
extras` to see which packages are installed, but are not in the yum.conf
repositories (removed in some cases such as the redhat-config-*).  I do
not think that running yum upgrade would replace the redhat-config-* with
the appropriate system-config-* packages.  Hope that idea clears up some
of the problems.  I rarely get broken package upgrading these
after-extras-removed days :) (though libdv and the ethereal bugs did just
happen, they are the exception rather than the rule I think.)
---Matt
<reactivate lurk mode>