init.d scripts runs at rc5.d, not rc0.d

Fred New Fred.New at microlink.ee
Tue Apr 6 13:38:03 UTC 2004

6. aprill 2004. a. 16:14, Brian Millett wrote:

> Hi, I have the latest rawhide updates (except for --exclude=Canna*
> --exclude=kinput2-canna-wnn6 --exclude=nvi-m17n-canna).  I
> have a script to start Jetty.
>
> chkconfig jettyctl --list
> jettyctl        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
>
> The problem is that when I start up, the script runs just fine for
> runlevel 5.  When I shutdown, or reboot, then the script does not run
> for the 0, or 6 runlevel.
>
> So, what causes a script to run for level 0 or 6?  Just having a
> K20jettyctl does not seem to do the trick.  I noticed that I have many
> scripts in rc0.d that do not run, or at least i can not get
> them to run at shutdown.  Can someone enlighten me as to what
> causes a stop to run on shutdown?

I didn't check out your script, but what happens when you

/etc/rc.d/init.d/jettyctl stop
    and
service jettyctl stop

?

Other clues might be found in /etc/inittab.  In FC1, I see the following
lines concerning this:
  l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 0
  l1:1:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 1
  l2:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 2
  l3:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 3
  l4:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 4
  l5:5:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 5
  l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6
So then maybe you should check out the script /etc/rc.d/rc.

Fred