Forward looking to FC2 final and SELinux

Scott Sloan devscott at charter.net
Wed Apr 7 02:56:04 UTC 2004

> Is it the Fedora Project's goal to use final releases as beta tests?

>From http://fedora.redhat.com/    On what Fedora Project's  main goal

It is also a proving ground for new technology that may eventually make
its way into Red Hat products. It is not a supported product of Red Hat,
Inc.

In my mind I consider SELinux to be one of those new technologies.

> Want SELinux enabled by default?  Fine.  Spend the test cycle
> between FC2 and FC3 fine tuning the bugs that exist.  Use the feedback you
> get from the adventurous users of FC2.  Take your time and have a proper
> release that isn't beta quality to spring SELinux as default upon the
> users.

I totally agree. If we need to spend more time to work out the bugs then
we push back the releases or issues RC's after beta 3. But if we don't
force it as enabled I fear it will never get throughly tested. I
consider it a bigger problem to have a bug that goes unnoticed for x
months or years only because of lack of testing, then to go through the
headache now and get it ironed out.

--
Scott Sloan