kernel RPM: Why is CONFIG_IEEE1394 unset?

Ismael Juma ijuma82 at f2s.com
Thu Apr 8 15:28:25 UTC 2004

Does this mean that firewire won't be supported in Fedora Core 2?

FWIW, I read that most of the issues with firewire were fixed in the
latest subversion tree of http://www.linux1394.org/ (I've been using the
code from there for the past month and I have had absolutely no problems
with an external HD even under heavy usage). According to the following
post by Ben Collins, he intended to sync the code with Linux on 06-Apr-2004:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/195749/match=ieee1394

Regards,
Ismael