Package Naming Guidlines

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Apr 8 20:52:43 UTC 2004

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Apr  8, 2004, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>

>>Why bother changing these dist tags at this late date, especially
>>considering that they are already or will be (real soon now) EOL.
>

> Fedora Extras for Fedora Legacy?

At the moment Legacy and fedora.us Extras are separate.  Extras for EOL
distributions will certainly become a very low priority, but in reality
a few of the more popular packages with more serious bugs may be patched
anyway because 1) it is the responsible thing to do 2) we probably had
to do the same for the newest version in latest Extras anyway.

The most difficult part is the right people being notified of the
vulnerability early.

Warren