fixfiles relabel errors

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Fri Apr 9 15:08:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 10:47, Brian Millett wrote:
> Should I also boot with selinux=0 ?  Or is the correct way to have it
> disabled in the conf file?

I'd boot with selinux=0.  I view the /etc/sysconfig/selinux disabled
setting as a poor substitute; it was invented by the RH folks due to
concerns about the useability of boot parameters on certain platforms.
If /etc/sysconfig/selinux disabled is truly intended to be equivalent to
selinux=0, then it needs to be reworked; the SELinux module needs to
export an interface to unregister itself via selinuxfs that can be
accessed by /sbin/init.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency