OpenOffice.org Dictionaries

Sat Apr 10 13:37:47 UTC 2004

Le sam, 10/04/2004 à 15:11 +0300, Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT a
écrit :

> On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 11:30 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 11:00:48 AM +1000, Phil Anderson (phil at phil-anderson.com) wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you think I should use one big source RPM for all the languages?
> >
> > Please no, keep them separated. In addition to the reason you mention,
> > saving space on disk is never a bad idea.
> >
> He meant Source RPM as in .src.rpm or .srpm
> Just like for other packages the binaries can be split. kernel is also
> only one __SOURCE__ package but multiple binaries
> (i386/i586/i686/docs/source)
>
> Haveing a single source package is a better sollution because you can
> have a consistent way of patching things, and only one spec file.
>
> My vote goes for "1 source package" and "1 binary package for each
> language".

If you take a look on the release dates on the oo.o site you'll see
dictionnaries are not synched with oo.o releases (in fact some of them
stay the same for years).

So separate SRPMS is the way to go IMHO (which might require some logic
in oo.o to get stuff in an unversionned dir, much like the plugins dir
for moz)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot