Prelink hates me

Scott Sloan devscott at charter.net
Sat Apr 10 17:05:30 UTC 2004

> It's normal :
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-February/msg00840.html

Through experimenting I found out that once prelink is finish running
all excess memory get thrown to /dev/shm in a temporary Files system.
Did some research and came across this article which Robert Love goes on
to explain what it's used for and that it's unneeded

http://seclists.org/linux-kernel/2001/Dec/3956.html

I notice that after commenting out /dev/shm in /etc/fstab, memory usage
goes back to normal even after prelink runs. However, this article is
quite old. I'm wondering if Robert Love's comments still apply? Does
Kernel 2.6.x use /dev/shm for anything else?

--
Scott Sloan