Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 18:09:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 19:17 +0200, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> Why push an errata for dictionaries? Assuming the file format does not
>  change and the upgrade doesn't change dictionary.lst, AFAICS they can
> happily stay in /usr/lib/openoffice/share/dict/ooo (although I admit I
> haven't looked at hyphenation and thesaurus).

Because the Openoffice.org package changed.  Since everything for a
language is bundled together, you need to rev each of the language
packages when you rev the openoffice.org package.  The dictionaries are
not the _only_ part of the language pack.

> > Also, I hear that the KDE i18n stuff is special-cased inside of
> > Anaconda, the same would have to be done for OOo if that is true (jeremy
> > is at lunch right now).
> A quick grep does not confirm that.

Jeremy confirms that anaconda does special-case individual language pack
stuff if only just for KDE at this time.

Dan