Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 20:17:17 UTC 2004

When you split off the dict/hyph/thes files from the resource & help
localizations, there really isn't all that much point to bundling them
as separate packages.  While some dictionaries are large, the dict/hyph/
thes files are much smaller than the resource & help localizations.

IMHO, there's no point to separate dict/hyph/thes files if you're going
to split them out; you might as well add them to the monolithic i18n
RPM.  It simply takes more time to maintain and more headache for
errata.

I agree that its good to be able to spellcheck in a couple languages, I
patched a Language dropdown into the OOo toolbar to help that out
tremendously... (#i23518#)  However, I'm in favor of a monolithic i18n
RPM over only dict/hyph/thes files as separate RPMs.

Dan