Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 14:53:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

Certainly, you are not precluded from writing in German and
spellchecking in German.  The difference is that I do _not_ believe
(correct me if I'm wrong) that you can have the Help and the UI in a
different language.  These are both tied into what your LANG currently
is AFAIK (though it would not be past OOo to be weird just for the fun
of it).

However, if you set the language on a string of text to be German for
example, and turn on German spellchecking, you can write in German while
having an English UI.  I just don't believe that you can separate the UI
and the Help languages (nor should you be able to, OOo has 2x enough
preferences/options as it is).

Dan