ALSA in a 2.6 world

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Apr 16 03:25:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 19:36, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 07:29:38PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > Sure, one could compile a newer kernel, but that way the Red Hat changes
> > to the kernel (which are often good for demanding apps such as digital
> > recorders) will be lost.
>
> The stated goals of Fedora are to stay as close to mainline upstream
> as possible.  This includes the kernel.

Ok...

[florin at stantz florin]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
[florin at stantz florin]$ uname -r
2.4.22-1.2174.nptlsmp
[florin at stantz florin]$ lynx -dump
http://www.kernel.org/kdist/finger_banner | grep 2.4
The latest 2.4 version of the Linux kernel is:              2.4.26
[florin at stantz florin]$

That doesn't seem to me like any kind of closeness to the alleged
"goals". ;-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/