Cooperative Bug Isolation Project

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Apr 20 21:02:46 UTC 2004

> I understand why people are always picking on Red Hat, I hear it all day.
>
> We can act on things other than "we're f*cked up and should quit open source",
> of course. (Let's think of all places open source wouldn't be without Red Hat.)
>
> As for our ability or perceived willingness to deal with outsiders, Seth's got
> a solid point. There are things that are still a mess. I can only say that we
> know it and are working like hell to fix it. Our communication on that too has
> many qualities resembling suck.
>
> So, let's have it. Open season on Red Hat.

Listen to the people who have been screaming this for the last 6 months.
Listen to the people who have been trying to interact and be involved in
whatever process there is.

Ask johnsonm what problems he ran into before he left, ask gafton what
problems he's seeing.

Timely notices of what's going on not just a terse notice once a month
or so about when the freeze deadline is.

Right now there is NO involvement outside of the level where Red Hat
Linux was before.

If that's how it's going to be fine, but SAY IT.

-sv