Who is to write /etc/modprobe.conf?

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 22 03:09:33 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Richard Hally (rhally at mindspring.com) said:
>
>>I don't mean to be rude but what the he** is "cleaned up some" supposed
>>to mean?
>

> 'Fixed so it wrote the proper aliases, migrated old aliases, and changed
> so that access to both ALSA and OSS compat devices work.'
>
> In short, all the known-to-me bugs fixed. :)
>

>>I'm current with rawhide and s-c-soundcard doesn't work so
>>there is no sound.
>

> Sound with... the test program? Something else?
>
> Bill

Hi all,
	the s-c-soundcard function identifies the sound card as "Crystal Clear
Sound Fusion Audio Accelerator" and the module: snd-cs46xx. The "play
test sound" does not produce the "struming sound". I know that the
hardware works since I can boot with RH9 on this same box and do "play
test sound" and it works. the only difference I notice is that under RH9
   the module: is cs46xx (i.e. without the snd- prefix).
I tried removing the AUDIO part from hwconf and running kudzu and it
put exacty the same information back into the hwconf file.

system-config-soundcard-1.2.8-1
modutils-2.4.26-15

What else do I need to look at to come up with a useful bug report?

Thanks for the help,
Richard Hally