What makes a production kernel?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 07:48:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 14:22, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> I certainly hope Fedora won't deviate from kernel.org sources this early
> in the 2.6 cycle (putting it on life support like for 2.4 at the end of
> its life is another thing). Especially for closed stuff like the nVidia
> driver.

My understanding is that the changes Fedora is making that breaks nvidia
is just a compile time option - not a source change. And that change is
one that soon will be default in 2.6 and not an option - so this isn't a
deviation from the 2.6 vanilla tree. At least by my understanding.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/