kernel version numbers

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 26 12:17:42 UTC 2004

On Apr 25, 2004 at 23:15, Craig Cruden in a soothing rage wrote:

>I know I have seen this several times before....
>sometimes I see it in the build notice, sometimes not.
>
>Anyways, is there a file in the installation of either
>the source or the stock kernel that summarizes how it
>maps to the kernel.org version.
>
>I was thinking that if this does not exist, maybe
>something like:
>
>"build-2.6.5-1.332" that is a text file containing
>which file it is built upon like "linux-2.6.5-rc2-bk1"
>
>and a list of patches that are applied against that
>"base".
Get the kernel-<x.y.z>-src.rpm. This contains the kernel.org
kernel, the .spec file plus all the patches that were applied
to it to get the FC kernel. The spec file lists how the FC
kernel will be built.
HTH
N.Emile...
Political T.V. commercials prove one thing: some candidates can tell
all their good points and qualifications in just 30 seconds.
 08:13:02  up 36 days, 20:45,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00