self-introduction: Aaron Bennett

Aaron Bennett aaron.bennett at olin.edu
Thu Apr 29 19:19:24 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've been reading this list for a while, and I've made a few useful
packages which I'd like to see included in Fedora.

Here's the self-introduction as required by the Fedora submission policy:

1.  Full Name:  Aaron Bennett
2.  Needham, MA
3.  Unix Administrator
4.  Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering

5.  Goals in the Fedora Project:

I'm responsible for creating the Fedora install which goes on all of our
student's laptops.  Our students all dual-boot Windows and, currently,
Red Hat 9.  As part of this effort, I've been working on optimizing
Fedora for laptop usage by generating various rpms, which I'd like to
get into Fedora.  As I continue this work, I'd like to see Fedora grow
and get better.  After all, if I do something here which makes 150
students lives better, that's one thing.  If at the same time it can get
back upstream to Fedora it will have so much more impact.

For a start, I'll be submitting srpms for waproamd & ifplugd.

6.  Historical Qualifications:

For my resume, please see
http://www.systemspoet.com/~abennett/bennett,aaron.html

I'm an experienced Linux user, Systems Administrator, and developer.  I
used to work for Genuity in the web hosting engineering department where
we basically created a "distribution" of Solaris customized for web
hosting.  I know perl, shell scripting, and a little python.  You should
trust me because I can recite the prologue to the Canterbury Tales in
Middle English as well as substantial chunks of Office Space.

pub  1024D/0A708DCE 2004-04-29 Aaron Bennett <aaron.bennett at olin.edu>
     Key fingerprint = D6CD 4828 4955 2B89 9198  2596 7343 EE2A 0A70 8DCE
sub  2048g/A06D241B 2004-04-29 [expires: 2009-04-28]

Looking forward to working with you all,

Aaron Bennett

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator