Anaconda HOWTO (step-by-step)?

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Fri Apr 30 10:05:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 05:19:02 +0800
Chris Kloiber <ckloiber at ckloiber.com> wrote:

> I haven't had time to look at the information yet. I know about
> genhdlist, but I'm more interested in replacing the kernel that is
> booted from the CD (and later installed) as well as the options for
> 'split-distro' to make it all fit on CD's again. I may not get a "round
> tuit" until the weekend after next.
> Thanks

The basic recipe goes something like this:

get the kernel SRPM. Make the changes you want. Rebuild the binary RPMS from
this. e.g
	rpmbuild -ba --target=i386 kernel.spec
	rpmbuild -ba --target=i686 kernel.spec

add the new RPMs into your tree. Re-run genhdlist so that the hdlists are up
to date.

Build a pkgorder.txt

/usr/lb/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder /path/to/Fedora/1 i386 > /tmp/pkgorder.txt

Re-build your install media

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --comp dist-1 --pkgorder \
/tmp/pkgorder.txt --version 1 --product 'Fedora Core' --release 1 \
--prodpath Fedora /path/to/Fedora/1

and you should end up with shiny new boot images in /path/to/Fedora/1/images

I don't use split-distro so I can't help you there.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |