kernel-2.6.7 build 499

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 15:31:55 UTC 2004

>Which is not in the standard path for normal users.

And this is exactly the kind of problems I've been seeing for 3 months. I have
about 250 patches just to get Fedora/rawhide to compile cleanly. (I currently
maintain about 220 console/server packages, who knows what a full build would
take.) But more importantly, what this means is that the Fedora build server
(that all binaries come from) compiles the packages as root. That is dangerous
for the buildserver since that depmod call I reported will succeed on the
buildserver.

I am rebuilding the repository so I can't check yet if kernel-utils has the
missing file. If it does, I'll add the full path to rngd as part of my patches.

-Steve Grubb