Several Different kernel related (?) problems

Hans Kristian Rosbach hk at isphuset.no
Tue Aug 17 08:19:46 UTC 2004

> > > CAN-2004-0493/0488 possibly - fixed in the httpd update to 2.0.50
> >
> > It runs httpd-2.0.50-2.1
>
> Well, disabling ssl did fix the problem. I just hope we never have to
> enable it again on that server. None of the others have this problem =/
> (several with actual sites on ssl, but a few with default config)

I was wrong, it just happened again.

Suddenly there was no network response from the server.
I went straight to the server room, and typed in "root" at the login
prompt. This seemed to have normal response, the letters "root" appeared
immedeately. Then I hit enter..

Now, 10min later..  still waiting for a password prompt.
Both disks are working overtime.
I disconnected the network plug right after attempting to login.

Going to wait a little while more for the OOM killer to do it's magic
and maybe give me a clue as to what went wrong this time.
Unfortunately the computer has 2.5gb swap =(

-HK