Questions about minimal install

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Wed Aug 18 13:58:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just tried the minimal install image and I was a bit disappointed.
Here are my thoughts, I hope someone listens -- that's the only way you
could make a good OS.

- Exactly what packages where installed? It looked like a lot of
unnecessary packages was included.

- Why could I not choose my file system? I wanted reiserfs instead.

- yum did not work, it says only "Server: Fedora Core 2" and then does
nothing? I suspect this was some type of server downtime problem (I
could ping other hosts etc) but in such a critical system should not
there be some serious fault tolerance / backups mechanisms?

- Why is there no netinstall like debian? ie I download a floppy or
minimal CD and then it downloads only the packages I actually want and
also the latest versions.

regarcs,
martin olsson