latest kudzu changes

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Aug 18 14:45:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 06:32, Manuel Moreno wrote:
> First of all I think that the whole idea of changing '/etc/fstab' is
> essentially flawed (there are much better alternatives like automount -
> that is kernel/distribution standard- or supermount, etc...)
> But, anyway, if we have to bear with it, when are the mount options
> going to be configurable, I'm thinking of 'noatime,nodiratime,sync' for
> usb flash devices and maybe other like 'umask,users' etc for usb ide
> disks, etc.

You can do this right now.  If fstab-sync sees the line device already
exists id doesn't change it.  There will also be a managed noop flag
that will tell us if we are allowed to remove or change the line.

> 'updfstab' missed it (there was a patch floating around, however) and I
> hope that the replacement will have them included.

There is an open bug on this.  The great thing about fstab-sync and hal
is it knows a lot about the device so users won't have to know anything
about switches as we can place the correct switches in during the
hotplug.  As I said you are still free to manage fstab yourself.