Splash.xpm.gz

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 00:21:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:39:59 -0600, W. Michael Petullo <mike at flyn.org> wrote:
> Why is boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz included in the kernel RPM?  Why is it
> not in the grub RPM instead?  The reason I ask is that, when using
> Fedora's kernel, splash.xpm.gz is installed on my PowerPC-based system.
> Yaboot is used instead of grub on PowerPC.

what?
on my x86 fc3 system splash.xpm.gz is part of fedora-logos package
in the development i386 tree splash.xpm.gz is part of fedora-logos packages
in fact the version of fedora-logos is the same in fc3 as in
development at the moment.
are you really really sure /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz on your system is
part of the kernel rpm?

-jef