JFS Filesystems?

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Mon Dec 6 15:49:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 10:41, Nick Bargnesi wrote:
>     I was however able to install FC3 on these machines using a root
> partition of ext3 and jfs partitions not directly related to the FC3
> directory structure, i.e., /opt, and some backup mount points.  I've
> read about trying "linux jfs selinux=0" as jfs won't mingle with
> selinux, which I haven't done yet.  Curious to see if anyone else is
> using non-ext filesystems and experienced/gotten past this.  Or to
> smack me upside the head and say selinux=0 should do it...

IBM just posted a JFS patch this morning to the selinux mailing list
that they said allows them to use SELinux with JFS on FC3.  They said
that they are submitting it upstream soon, so hopefully SELinux and JFS
will play nicely with each other in the not-so-distant future.  Also
requires a small patch to the policy configuration to tell SELinux that
it should try using xattrs on jfs for file contexts.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency