Broken %post scriptlets in recent java packages

Tue Dec 7 15:51:08 UTC 2004

Le mardi 07 décembre 2004 à 16:28 +0100, Enrico Scholz a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> recent java-packages (ant*, xerces*, ...) have scriptlets like
>
> | $ rpm -q --scripts servletapi5-javadoc
> | postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
> | rm -f /usr/share/javadoc/servletapi5
> | rm -f /usr/share/javadoc/jsp-api
> | ln -s servletapi5-5.0.18 /usr/share/javadoc/servletapi5
> | ln -s jsp-api-5.0.18 /usr/share/javadoc/jsp-api
>

> This is really bad code because it does not make sense in an rpm-world
> and causes problems in combination with the %_netsharedpath feature.

This is one of the last raw areas on JPackage 1.6.
To this date no one has found a satisfactory way to build & install
interlinked javadocs (I think you'll find several threads on this
problem in list archives). The current solution is Ville's (I think) and
he publicly stated he didn't like it.

If you're interested by the problem feel free to review specs and
propose solutions on jpackage-discuss at zarb.org. JPackage enhancements
will end up in rawhide then FC/RHEL (and given your heavy Fedora
involvement I can't imagine you not getting direct repo commit access if
you asked for it)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot