Xen in rawhide

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 04:08:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 06:26:20PM -0500, Rik van Riel wrote:
>> Any help in getting the network routing to unprivileged domains
>> working again is appreciated.  Hmmm, maybe I should publish my
>> TODO list ?
>
> Yes, that would be nice. Having a working Xen setup would be
> more then cool.

Well, at this stage of the project I've only got few items on
my TODO list:

- figure out why network routing to unprivileged domains
   does not work right (probably a config option)
- teach grubby to make xen + xenolinux bootable entries
   in grub.conf
- get Xen packages into rawhide
- talk with the installer people, to figure out the best
   way of allowing anaconda to install a virtual host

Once these things are done, IMHO the Xen development should
happen in the upstream Xen community, which is where I hope
to help out.

One of the things I would like to do there is work on the
light-weight Xen daemon x2d2, which should allow Fedora
developers to run a lighter-weight guest 0, with more memory
remaining for their unprivileged guests - good for developers
who want to run every version of Fedora on their build system. ;)