FC3 install and grub failure on HP Proliant DL380, kernel issue?

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Mon Dec 13 22:19:29 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 14:08, Sam Hart wrote:
> This occurs during installation. It occurs only on the hardware I
> mentioned, namely:
>  * HP Proliant DL380
>  * HP SmartArray 5i RAID controller card

Having recently completed beating my head against the wall to get FC3
installed and running on a Proliant DL360 G2 ... have you set the system type
to "Linux"?  Untill I realized that this needed to be done, it was a lot of
pain.

If the Dl380 is anything like the DL360 G2, you need to hit F9 during the
initial stuff the system goes through (it is toward the end), this will bring
up configuration of the BIOS stuff where you can select system type.  I found
that it needed to be set BEFORE you did the install.  Why the Compaq/HP
Proliant needs to know the system type it will be running is a puzzle to me.
--
Gene