k3b build error on x86_64

Si Jones si at bananas.hopto.org
Tue Dec 14 18:42:13 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Am having a few problems building things, the first was mplayer, and now
it seems like k3b is having the exact same thing.

When it comes to finding the X stuff it looks in the wrong place, in
this case the error seems to point out that configure is actually not
finding the correct X lib64 directory.

Could someone point me in the direction to correct this error, or
someway of checking a config somewhere, I have checked the spec file and
it does not contain anything relating to X.

Error building k3b

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking for libXext... no
configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either.

RPM build errors: