Was: Re: trac is awesome - Is: things for core - gyum?

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Dec 14 21:29:33 UTC 2004

tir, 14.12.2004 kl. 15.56 skrev Neal D. Becker:
> trac http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ is really awesome SCM/project
> management.  I installed it easily on FC3 using packages from DAG
> repository.  I highly recommend adding this!  It is GPL, of course.

As i am reading this list, i see more and more people recomending their
"favorite toy" (please dont misunderstand) - while no "important"
improvements for everyone are made. Many of the programs that are
recomended looks really great, and should definitively be in extras.

But then there is gyum. Even if i must admit that i have not tested it
very much (as my main platform is still FC2), i must admit that this
might give fedora and yum an edge it dosn't have today. And it does
(According to screenshots - i only have an old computer with XFCE
running fc3) have a panel aplet that can replace that poor old up2date
thing. It won't be a moment to late...

Only problem i have noticed with gyum so far, is that it does *appear*
to be hanging while getting the package list. That's an UI problem...

I would guess tchung is also on this list - is this due for fixing?

Comments from anybody else, that migth have more experience than me
using the app?

Kyrre Ness Sjøbæk