Choice of default fonts in webrowsers

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Thu Dec 16 20:52:46 UTC 2004

Hello

After reading to much forums, i can se "everyone" is complaing about
"the default font in (put your favorite web browser here) is so ugly, it
is hardly readable!"

Then the reply is "use Bitstream vera (sans) instead" and then "oh! that
was better! it was really readable! nice!"

Why is it so? Why is those fonts, which it seem like "everyone" thinks
are really ugly are used, when better fonts are shipped?

I would guess there are more people than me who has opinions on this.

Disclaimer: i am forwarding a "general feeling" from parts of the
comunity, as not everyone are on this list. But after changing my
default fonts in firefox, i must say i agree. This was *much* better!

Kyrre Ness Sjøbæk