Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Dec 17 05:46:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:34:30 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> > I would be less than keen to remove things that I may have to add later.
> > But if you volunteer for that, I have no problem with it :) Again, a large
> > part does not require extra macros or only have extra macros to provide
> > 'features' to rebuilders.
>
> Was that an answer to my question?  I was hoping you could give me a
> simple yes or no.

It was an answer to your question, a simple yes or no would be ignoring
some important matters. I'm not requiring an immediate change to anything,
I just need to know what the direction is and if it fits my longterm
goals, goals that could easily be part of Fedora Extras.

I could say 'Yes' for those packages that don't have macros and require no
change. I could say 'No' because for the packages that do use macros as
I'm not interested to spend the extra time (I do not have). Besides I
can't give you a definitive fiat unless the project is outlined more.

Again, as I said on the Fedora ml, I wouldn't be spending my time here
(and before with fedora.us) if I wasn't willing to work with Fedora Extras
and Red Hat or did not see the potential. To be honest, he fact that you
keep implying I have other intentions gives a sense of hostility.

> Or to ask a more general question, will you be waiting until you can
> import your entire collection in one push?

Of course not. You haven't read my previous mail very well :)