svn or arch

Cristian Gafton gafton at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 22:46:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Colin Walters wrote:

>> I was more concerned about breaking binary
>> compatibility. srpms would still be relevant to people
>> who dont have a build setup similar to redhat right?
>
> No; you should be able to build packages from the Fedora public CVS
> without access to the Fedora build system.  I say "should" in that I
> don't know if it works now, but I think it's a bug if it doesn't.

I am certainly mindful of this popular request and I believe it is
something we should attempt to have.

Cristian
Cristian Gafton     --     gafton at redhat.com      --     Red Hat, Inc.
"Linux is a leprosy; and is having a deleterious effect on the U.S. IT
industry because it is steadily depreciating the value of the software
industry sector."
     -- Kenneth Brown, President, Alexis de Tocqueville Institution